CURRENT DIVISION STUDENTS PRE-ENROL
You will need to pre-enrol on SchoolZone to tell us the school you would like your child to attend next year. Find important dates and deadlines and learn more about pre-enrolment, which opens between March and April each year.
If you have questions about registering for school, contact the school office.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
If your child is new to Edmonton Public Schools, you can register for school online. Visit the Division website to learn how to register for school.
Parents of new students, including students entering Kindergarten, will need to register online for the 2021-22 school year using a secure digital student registration form.
The online form will be available on February 2, 2021. Registering online is a convenient option that helps support our health and safety measures.
Parents will need to upload documents that help us confirm their child’s legal name, citizenship, birth date and home address using the online registration form.
Learn more about schools that have implemented a lottery process, and how it might impact new student registration.
OTHER WAYS TO REGISTER
Register using the paper copy
- Families can mail or drop off a completed student registration form and supporting documents directly to the school.
CONFIRMING REGISTRATION SUBMISSION
Once you have submitted your completed student registration form and supporting documents, we will review all of the documents. This does not mean your child has been enrolled at the school—we will contact you to let you know once your child is enrolled.
We will contact you if we need clarification about any of the documents you submit.
For junior high and high school registrations—once we confirm your enrolment, we will reach out to you for your course requests.
FOR THE 2021-2022 (NEXT) SCHOOL YEAR
- Kindergarten registrations
- Kindergarten registration opens on February 2, 2021. Families registering for Kindergarten will need to follow a new online process for the 2021-22 school year. Learn more about Kindergarten registrationon epsb.ca.
- Kindergarten registrations arenot based on a first-come, first-served basis. Schools can only assign students to classes after pre-enrolment closes on April 15.
- When assigning students, the principal is responsible for organizing classes to meet the needs of all students within the school.
- Kindergarten age
- Children who are five years old on or before December 31, 2021 may register in Kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year. TheAlberta government changed the entry age for students registering in Kindergarten, beginning in 2020-21.
- Use our online calculatorto find out when a child can start Kindergarten.
EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTED DOCUMENTATION
Legal Proof of a Student's Name