French and English Kindergarten Open House
2024 - 2025
Parents and children, we invite you to join us on Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 6:00 PM for a school information tour. This is an excellent opportunity to meet the Kindergarten teachers and learn more about our English and French Immersion programs.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
If your child is new to Edmonton Public Schools you can register online for the 2024-25 school year using a secure digital student registration form. Visit the Division website to learn how to register for school.
Parents will need to upload documents that help us confirm their child’s legal name, citizenship, birth date and home address using the online registration form.
Steps to Register for Students New to Edmonton Public Schools
Step 1- Complete the digital student registration form
Step 2- Provide legal proof of the student's name, citizenship and birthdate (see below for examples)
Step 3- Provide 2 pieces of address verification for the student's parent/legal guardian (see below for examples)
Step 4- A member from our administrative team will get in touch with you to confirm your registration
Examples of Legal Proof of a Student's Name
- Canadian provincial birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship document
- Canadian passport
- Confirmation of a permanent residence document
In some cases, immigration documents (e.g. landed immigrant documentation or a Permanent Residence Card) may also be required. Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information.
Confirmation of address
- Valid driver's license or vehicle registration (must be current living address)
- Lease agreement, rental agreement or purchase agreement
- Utility bill, property tax bill or telephone bill
- Banking, financial or insurance documents
CURRENT DIVISION STUDENTS PRE-ENROL
You will need to pre-enrol on SchoolZone to tell us the school you’d like your child to attend in the 2024 - 2025 school year. Find important dates and deadlines and learn more about pre-enrolment, which opens February 1, 2024 and closes on March 22, 2024 at 4:00 pm.
If you have questions about registering for school, contact the school office.
CONFIRMING REGISTRATION SUBMISSION
Once you have submitted your completed student registration form and supporting documents, we will review all of the documents. This does not mean your child has been enrolled at the school—we will contact you to let you know once your child is enrolled.
We will contact you if we need clarification about any of the documents you submit.
FOR THE 2024-2025 SCHOOL YEAR
- Kindergarten registrations
- Kindergarten registration opens on February 1, 2024. Families registering for Kindergarten will need to follow the online process for the 2024-25 school year. Learn more about Kindergarten registration on epsb.ca.
- See above in the New Student Registration section for the steps on how to complete the online registration.
- Kindergarten registrations are not based on a first-come, first-served basis. Schools can only assign students to classes after pre-enrolment closes on March 22, 2024.
- When assigning students, the principal is responsible for organizing classes to meet the needs of all students within the school.
- Children who are five years old on or before December 31, 2024 may register in Kindergarten for the 2024-25 school year.
- Use our online calculator to confirm if your child meets the age requirement to start Kindergarten.
**Watch for more information about registering for school on epsb.ca and through the Division's Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.